Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Portuguese

Oi! Are you ready to learn few words in Portuguese?


Maybe you won't speak Portuguese so quickly, but if you learn a few words you may understand what the locals are saying or what is written on the signs and will grab important information while in Brazil. You can always try Spanish if you need, but many words are similar to Portuguese with a total different meaning. So try to learn few words in this beautiful language :)

  • Airport: Aeroporto
  • Exit: Saída
  • Entrance: Entrada
  • Bus: Ônibus
  • Bus Stop: Ponto de ônibus
  • Me: Eu
  • You: Você
  • Stadium: Estádio
  • Soccer: Futebol
  • Please: Por favor
  • Thank you: Obrigado
  • Do you speak English?: Você fala inglês?
  • Good morning: Bom dia
  • Hi, how are you?: Oi, tudo bem?
  • How much is it?: Quanto custa?
  • Can you help me?: Você pode me ajudar?
  • I want: Eu quero
  • I need: Eu preciso
  • Money: Dinheiro
  • Menu: Cardápio
  • Appetizer: Aperitivo
  • Straw: Canudo
  • Restroom: Banheiro
  • Pharmacy: Farmácia
  • Medicine: Remédio
  • I'm pregnant: Estou grávida
  • I'm allergic: Eu tenho alergia
  • Pain: Dor
  • Fever: Febre
  • Bug spray: Repelente
  • Sun screen: Protetor solar
  • Beach: Praia
  • Without sugar: Sem açúcar
  • Sparklin water: água com gás
  • Ice: Gelo
  • Natural juice: suco natural
  • I can't: Eu não posso
  • Cold: Frio
  • Hot: Calor (for climate) / Quente (for temperature)
  • What time is it?: Que horas são?
  • Let's go: Vamos
  • The game will start: O jogo vai começar
  • Ticket: Ingresso

I hope this was a helpful post. If my readers want I can teach you new words later on. 
Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment