|Deutschland - 2014 World Cup Champions|
The German team deserved this title because they were warriors since the very first game against Portugal, they showed the whole world the importance of being a real team and playing together, as a team should. They were the friendliest nation that arrived in Brazil for this World Cup. They were simply amazing!
This is the text that is around on the internet, I don’t know who put these information together, but they are the beautiful truth:
So, 6 months ago the German arrived and:
- Bought a land
- Built a hotel
- Built a health centre
- Made a football field
- Built a road to connect the training complex
- They didn’t bring German staff, they hired the locals
- While not training, they were socializing with the locals in the city and at the beach (there are 900 residents at the remote Brazilian fishing village of Santo Andre, Bahia.)
- They also socialized with the indigenous people
- They put on the local team’s jersey (Bahia)
- They made an agreement during the half time to slow down, to avoid humiliating the host nation
- They said their idols in the past were former Brazilian players
- They were sorry for the heavy defeat
- They posted on social networks many words of incentive to the Brazilian population in general, being thankful for the kindness.
Is it possible not to cheer to these guys?
|Lukas Podolski playing with an indigenous boy in Bahia|
And the Argentinian Lionel Messi has won the Golden Ball trophy. He was chosen the best player of the 2014 World Cup.
Messi has won the Ballon d'Or FIFA as the best player in Europe 4 times in a row (2009, 2010, 2011 e 2012).
And that's how I finish writing my first blog. I want to thank everyone who has read at least one of my 94 posts. I had lot of fun, I've learned a lot and am very satisfied with the result. Many people from all over the world have written emails thanking me for the posts and it means a lot to me.
Thank you so much!